Center for Public Leadership
Last spring, the American Academy of Achievement hosted its annual International Achievement Summit in Washington D.C., and was kind enough to invite the entire class of Harvard’s Catherine B. Reynolds Foundation Fellows in Social Entrepreneurship to attend the three days of programming.
These summits provide more than 70 students from across the U.S. the opportunity to interact with some of the world’s leading thinkers, public servants, journalists, social entrepreneurs, and elected officials. The Academy, now in its 49th year, and the fellowship for social entrepreneurs at Harvard, are both funded through the generosity of the Catherine B. Reynolds Foundation.
The following clip from this past year’s gathering features an address by Colin Powell, former Secretary of State and retired four-star general.
To view the Academy’s complete video archive, please visit their website at: www.achievement.org.
Harvard welcomes the Warrior-Scholar Project to campus this July 5-12. Launched in 2012, the initiative supports veterans transitioning from the military to college life through intense "academic bootcamps" at leading universities across the country. Read more about this pioneering program and the veterans it serves.
Here's a look at upcoming leadership events and programs...
- 9/22 - Forum: A public address by H.E. Heinz Fischer, President of Austria (Institute of Politics)
- 9/23 - Forum: A public address by the Right Honourable Gordon Brown, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, 2007-2010 (Institute of Politics)
- 9/25 - Igniting Innovation: A Summit on Social Entrepreneurship (Harvard College)
- 9/28 - Mentor Training Program
- 9/29 - Webinar: Barbara Kellerman on "Shooting an Elephant" or "Why Be Leadership Literate?" (International Leadership Association)
- 10/12 – Gleitsman Citizen Activist Award Presentation & Reception
- 10/27-30 - International Leadership Association 2010 Conference: Boston, MA